If you are intending to apply to train to teach this year then we may be able to offer you an initial teaching experience day with the potential for further experience.
Chorlton High School is registered for the School Experience Programme (SEP) with the National College for Teaching & Leadership.
The SEP offers a school experience taster day in school with the possibility of further experience days to those people who are considering teaching at secondary level.
Candidates will be expected to hold or be predicted to achieve a 2:2 or above degree. However, candidates wishing to teach Mathematics or Physics who have obtained, or who are expected to achieve, a degree below a 2:2, are still eligible for the programme, providing that they have a grade B or above at A-Level in their chosen subject.
Our taster days for 2016/17 are as follows:
- Monday 10th October 2016
- Monday 21st November 2016
- Monday 30th January 2017
- Monday 20th March 2017 (STEM subjects only)
- Monday 8th May 2017 (STEM subjects only)
- Monday 12th June 2017 (STEM subjects only)
The taster day will run from 8am-3pm and will include opportunities such as:
- Observing a variety of classes
- Meeting current teachers and support staff
- Learning more about the wider role of a teacher
- Hearing about the training process
- Gaining some hands-on experience in a classroom environment
Please register for the SEP on the Get Into Teaching website . If you are interested in attending a taster day at Chorlton High School please register your interest with Catherine Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are unable to get a place on the SEP please email Catherine Roberts (email@example.com) with your teaching line reference number, surname and DOB.