Welcome to our new ‘Bridge to Post 16’ Distance Learning programme which has been devised in conjunction with Xaverian College. The hope is that the programme will help our students remain on track to secure their futures. As part of this broad distance learning programme students are challenged to choose elements from our three areas:
Ensure they retain current knowledge and aim to lay strong foundations to meet the challenges of post 16 study.
- Continue studying English and Maths for 3 to 4 hours a week.
- Choose a Critical thinking / Sociology topic and produce work related to it.
- Choose between 2 to 4 courses that students would like to start studying in September - these include both A level and Vocational courses.
Encourage students to continue on their personal development journey and strengthen their CV
- Choose a Creative task - something that interests students, inspires and encourages them to plan and follow a route independently building their skills and understanding
Practice their growth mind set, retain mental fitness and remain future focused.
- Undertake weekly or daily wellbeing activities and challenges to maintain a balance
- There will also be weekly messages and assemblies for the Year 11 team to support students and remind them we are still here supporting them
As part of the package there are three different timetables that students can fill out and follow - these are just suggestions and can be amended so that wider family circumstances and needs can be factored in. Check the student booklet below to look at these timetable suggestions .
Bridge to Post 16 Programme of Study