In Years 9 and 10, students will complete the SSAT Student Leadership Award, which is developed ‘by students, for students’. The overall aim of the award is to provide our young people with opportunities to:
- Critically self-reflect on their own skills as leaders.
- Work collaboratively to plan how they will meet the criteria and evidence it.
- Organise and structure their evidence.
- Peer assess others’ work against criteria.
- Aspire to take on increasingly challenging leadership responsibilities.
Below are the introductory slides that were given to students at the start of the year to explain how they can gain their award. Year 9 will be working towards the Bronze and Silver Accreditation, and Year 10 for Gold. There will also be the opportunity to work towards the ‘Extra Mile Award’, for students who have gone above and beyond to show great leadership.